Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom


I am a Mom.
Wow.
I wish I could explain to my dear little Grace just how much I love being her mom. She has this way of making me feel so special and seems to know exactly how to make me feel centered in the craziness that may be going on around me. No matter what happens in life, I am so glad to have her to keep me centered.  I can’t imagine a day without the joy of teaching her and seeing her understanding grow. Everyday she seems to grasp more and more of the world going on around her.
Upon thinking of the moments I have had with Grace since she arrived, my focus is helping her know during each moment that I will always love her. Among the lessons I would like to share with her, I want her to learn: to face life’s challenges with confidence, to see outside of her own life by helping those around her, to listen to her heart, to be bold in her dreams and goals, to have faith to know that her Heavenly Father loves her and hears her prayers.
It is pretty exciting to now be celebrating my first Mother’s Day as the mother to my dear little Grace.  It causes me to reflect upon how my own mother must have felt about her own children.  She has been gone for 17 years, and not a day goes by that I don’t miss her.  I want to wish her a happy Mother’s Day, and for her to know how grateful I am for the opportunities and lessons that she gave to me.  I hope that I can be as good of a mother for Grace as she was for me.

2 comments:

  1. such a sweet and great post. you are amazing and im sure grace already knows that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great thoughts and ideas. I know Mom would be proud and I can tell by watching you with sweet Grace that you're an awesome Momma

    ReplyDelete